Any expriences of dealing directly with China

bumpkin 22:02 14 May 15

I would like to know if any other members have bought items on Ebay supposedly from a UK supplier. If a problem arises one is given a link to a Chinese site whom originaly are over apologetic and wish to help. This soon seems to fade away and ridiculous terms become introduced for the return of a faulty item, still extremely polite. Getting nowhere after 2wks I said I would rather throw the thing away and buy another from a different source and would explain to others via a negative posting on Ebay. Replacement item delivered next day. Just wondered if any others have had similar expriences.

bumpkin 22:04 14 May 15

No links to Ebay posted by me this is PCA again that has created them

wee eddie 22:08 14 May 15

Only one link in each Thread though

bumpkin 22:14 14 May 15

Well it should not occur at all in my opinion as it appears that I have put the link in when I have not.

rickf 11:20 15 May 15

I have bought from China before and they always arrived OK. I understand though that if goods are faulty then returning them is a problem. Because of this I tend to order things which are not too expensive so that its not too much of a loss if there is a problem.

Forum Editor 13:41 15 May 15

Transferred to Tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

Forum Editor 13:44 15 May 15

"Well it should not occur at all in my opinion as it appears that I have put the link in when I have not."

Where's the harm in it? You get to use the forum free of charge, and we stand a chance of making a tiny amount towards the running costs. Seems like a fair deal to me.

Pine Man 15:24 15 May 15

Where's the harm in it?

Depends which side of the fence you are sitting.

Forum Editor 11:20 17 May 15

Pine Man

I'm not sure I understand you - are you saying that we don't have a right to try to recoup some of the considerable costs involved in running the forum - bearing in mind that all we're talking about here is a harmless link?

Pine Man 13:02 17 May 15

Fairly easy to understand really.

If you are on the side of the fence that is generating an income it would seem like a fair deal to you. If, however, you are on the other side of the fence it can be a bit of a nuisance, evidenced by the number of readers using adblocking software.

I do appreciate the need for revenue to fund the site but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

wee eddie 17:53 17 May 15

I think that the idea of using 'links' is a good one as it hardly slows the site at all.

Much better than these bit hogging movies that some advertisers use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced