Any experience from US Seller thru' Ebay?

rickf 15:18 08 Jul 04

HI All, Just wondering if anyone on this forum can share their experiences with me re the above. I ordered an item from a PowerSeller with over 200 100% feedbacks from UK buyers on Ebay last Saturday. Apart from an acknowledgement that payment had been received and item will be sent the next business day I have not heard from him. No response to my emails to date. A bit worried I am. Any expereince shared will be much appreciated.

rickf 15:25 08 Jul 04

Addendum, I do know about the possibility of having to pay customs duty etc and also US warranty may well not apply here. I am more concerened about when I should expect to receive the item. The Seller stated that it would be posted by USPS Global Priority Mail but under Postage and Packing it stated Royal Mail Standard Parcels. I understand this to be delivery by RM at this end. Am I right?

rickf 15:40 08 Jul 04

Ok! just had email from Seller. Item was delayed but now left the US. Provided with Tracking# and USPS confirmed it left yesterday for UK. Much relieved.

SEASHANTY 20:11 08 Jul 04

Well good for you then but expect anything up to 12 days or so delay in clearing Customs in the U.K. That's what happened to my boxed DVD set from Play USA. Took around three weeks to arrive and then I had to collect from the local sorting office and fork out an extra £14 for customs, vat and the Royal Mail charge of approx £4 for collecting the cash on
behalf of C & E.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…