Any Epson C82 Users

Dunk 1 10:35 05 Feb 03

I am about to buy an Epson C82 but can't find any reviews on this printer.

I mainly want to print digital photos that have been loaded onto my PC and limited text files (letters etc).

The salesman in PC World recommended this printer but I can't find anything to back up his recommendation.

Does anyone own the C82 that could comment on its performance. The price of £120 seems resonable.

€dstow 10:44 05 Feb 03

We have its stable mate here, the C80, and find it excellent.

The pigment inks are bit iffy with some brands of gloss photo paper (Kodak) but i can live without that.

Way 1 18:38 05 Feb 03

I have an Epson C70 which I use on one computer and an Epson C82 on another. The C82 is a slightly superior machine to the C70 and the resulting text and graphics are superb. I can't comment on photographs, as I haven't used it for this purpose.
I have found that the C82 can sit longer without being used, as the print heads on the C70 would block if not used once or twice per week.

shifty 21:35 05 Feb 03

Have used both a C82 and a C70plus to print both text and photo's. Photographic prints from the C82 are excellent using a decent quality paper but not Kodak as the colour match isn't correct. Taking prints off a digital camera and scanned images I have been able to take prints at 360dpi fine and not needing the higher 720dpi etc.
Well recommended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…