Any consumer information on Canon i550

PIXARUS 15:26 11 Mar 03

I am planning to buy a new printer. I must have lightfast inks for graphic work and low running costs (seperate ink cartidges). Does anyone have any experience of Canon printers i850, i550 s820?
Are they reliable?

_Treb_ 18:30 11 Mar 03

I bought a Canon i550 just around Christmas time. It's quick,in my opinion, and does a good job. I did have a problem with the Black being streaky and I had to clean the head a couple of times a week but a call to Canon soon sorted that out. They sent a new print head to me under warranty and solved the problem. I would suggest that you went to a Canon outlet first and take some stuff that you want to copy, try it out, even if you don't buy it from them.
I repaired Canon Copiers from 1984 - 1996 generally their kit is excellent, oh and I bought an extended warranty online taking me to a 3 year warranty, cost me £31.00 a bargain when call out charges can be as much as £70.00 an hour.

PIXARUS 11:44 12 Mar 03

Thanks _Treb_ for your feedback. The i550 looks like a good deal and I,ll follow your advice on try out and warranty

Djohn 11:58 12 Mar 03

Which ever printer model you decide on, I can vouch for the customer service from Cannon. It is absolutely first class, I posted a three a few weeks back detailing how they dealt with a Scanner issue for me, and they where excellent. 10/10 !...

PIXARUS 10:27 14 Mar 03

Thanks to Djohn and Treb for your response. Very helpful. I have also just seen a review that ranks canon top for quality and service so I now feel confident about buying one of their printers.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…