Antivirus Software - Which is best?

Grr... 16:15 04 Dec 05

Hi, I have just bought a new computer and am getting the interent connected sometime over the next week, I realise I need an antivirus program but am unsure what's best. I've heard Avast! is good, but any other adivse is good.

Cheers,

Ryan

prong 16:21 04 Dec 05

I use Avg, I really like it and have had no problems.

sharkfin 16:22 04 Dec 05

click here

AVG and Avast are both free and capable programs, for a home user, its not worth spending money.

Starfox 16:42 04 Dec 05

You need an Anti-Virus and a Firewall,also a spyware program would be a good idea.

Here are a few to start you off-

Anti-Virus

click here

click here

Firewalls

click here

click here

Spyware

click here

click here

In my opinion all the free versions are perfectly adequate for home use but the choice is yours.

ventanas 21:07 04 Dec 05

Depends whether you want to pay or not. The best without a shadow of doubt is click here but it will cost about £25

freaky 19:23 07 Dec 05

If you are going to connect to the internet via NTL, then they have just released Netguard. This ia a full Anti-Virus program and it is free! They are going to add a Firewall and a few other goodies in a couple of weeks - but there will be a small monthly charge for the add-ons.

click here

DieSse 20:00 07 Dec 05

The very best is NOD32 click here Best virus detection record bar none, smallest system overhead, fastest scanner, small fast updates, on BB checks for updates every hour, sometimes updates several times in a day (no waiting until the next weekly one), the annual fee covers ALL updates, AV patterns and program (none of this silly 2004 version, 2005 version, 2006 version stuff).

Renewals are cheaper than first purchase - evrything a good AV should be and do. Small price to pay for such good protction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…