Antivirus security help needed please.

Bike-it 18:23 27 Jun 16

I have a laptop which is just back from getting fixed, but the engineer suggested i would be better to get one of the paid Security suites, its running windows 10, my internet security is currently Avast, SuperAnti Spyware, Malwarebytes and Ccleaner, is this sufficient or are the paid Security suites better?

wee eddie 18:30 27 Jun 16

I'm sure that the engineer is trying to earn a little commission.

If you keep what you have up to date and run everything regularly, all should be well. You might be well adding a Firewall to your line-up although I believe the latest Windows Firewall is as good as they get.

Bike-it 18:33 27 Jun 16

Thanks wee eddie, the engineer wasn't trying to sell me a suite or did he make any suggestions, i know him well and he would not be bother if you buy or use the free stuff.

Govan1x 22:52 27 Jun 16

If it is the free version of Avast maybe pay for it which includes a firewall.

This a 3 Pc version or you can get the 1 user one for £19 odds.

Click here

Govan1x 22:56 27 Jun 16

Are you using the free version of Malwarebytes as well as Avast. if so that is probably why he warned you.

And of course C Cleaned just clears the junk from your computer and not any Virus's.

Bike-it 23:00 27 Jun 16

Yea im using all the free versions?

Bike-it 23:38 27 Jun 16

I see on ebay you can buy a product key for £11.50 for Kaspersky

Govan1x 10:53 28 Jun 16

As you are using Avast just now it would be simpler getting Avast internet security from e-bay and also malwarebytes lifetime licence both very cheap on e-bay.

I have bought security programs from e-bay before and have had no problems with the. maybe others have not been so lucky but worth a try at those prices. They will normally just send you the keycode for them.

tullie 14:44 28 Jun 16

Stick with what youve got,no need to pay for protection

Govan1x 19:01 28 Jun 16

[Stick with what youve got,no need to pay for protection.]

Maybe that is why it was in the computer shop.

Bike-it 19:43 28 Jun 16

It was in the shop to get the camera sorted??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…