Antivirus House.com Service (?)

250diesel 10:32 AM 30 Apr 11

There is a link on this site to Antivirus House for buying (obviously) security software. Beware of this company! On 22nd I ordered Norton Internet Security from them. My order was acknowledged and card debited immediately. Since then and despite 8 emails, giving all details of my order and their acknowledgement, I have heard nothing.

Absolutely atrocious!

250 diesel

Forum Editor 11:59 AM 30 Apr 11

Transferred to Consumerwatch

From Speakers Corner.

Forum Editor 12:03 PM 30 Apr 11

Have you tried their dedicated support site? You'll find it if you click here

mikef. 16:04 PM 30 Apr 11

Not a UK company by the look of it, despite the name, no contact details which would be suspicious to me immediately as this is a legal requirement for UK companies, US based website http://antivirushouse.com.w3spy.net/

Colin 20:11 PM 30 Apr 11

When you placed your order, did they tell you how long delivery would be? You ordered it on a bank holiday so they probably wouldn’t have dispatched it until the following Tuesday. There were no postal deliveries yesterday due to the Royal Wedding, so maybe it will arrive next week. Though I do take your point about no response to your e-mails.

250diesel 06:53 AM 01 May 11

Forum Editor Yes tried their support site - no help

mikef I agree that it doesn't comply with the UK law re contact details and this did make me a bit dubious but I assumed that as the link was from PC Advisors download page it would be a reputable company. Maybe mistakenly I thought that PC Advisors would 'vet' companies they give links to. I have writen to them to see if they do vet companies they put on their web site.

Colin There was no delivery involved. It was an online download once payment had been accepted, which was done immediately. Automated acknowledgement stated "download link & instructions to follow" - they didn't. These were what my emails were requesting.

beynac 10:26 AM 01 May 11

Have you checked your junk mail folder? It's possible that the emails have been classed as spam by either your ISP or your email client.

250diesel 11:17 AM 01 May 11

Hi beynac

Yes done that, several times, both in my client and on ISP web mail.

Thanks for suggestion.

Jameslayer 15:30 PM 01 May 11

Wot gives the website a poor rating.

Forum Editor 17:48 PM 01 May 11

We're looking into this, but it's fair to say that we'll not have any information until after the bank holiday weekend.

Please hang on until then, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Forum Editor 22:31 PM 01 May 11

Can you help me out here

where is the link that you used from our site?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone