Antivirus comparison

swapper 23:08 04 Jul 03

Has anyone an opinion on which of the two, AVG or Avast, is the better prg. for a intermediate user, or indeed if there is an better freeware choice?

Belatucadrus 00:33 05 Jul 03

click here for the virus bulletin tests for June 2003 using Windows XP. Both Alwils Avast4 & Grisofts AVG 6.0 get the 100% in this test, but Avast has the better track record in previous tests. The upcoming AVG 7.0 has yet to be tested. Because of the freeware license terms, one copy only free, I use both, The more expensive laptop uses avast and the desktop has AVG. Personally I rate avast 4 as the better of them. As with AVG the free version has scheduling limitations, but it can be set to scan in screensaver and the update is fully automatic . There is only one other free Windows antivirus prog that I know of and that's Antivir click here , it's OK, but the scan is slow and update files are on the large size, so I would put it third on the list.

swapper 07:55 05 Jul 03

Belatucadrus, an excellent response, thank you very much.
I am using Avast4 at the moment, before that, AVG.
The reason that I asked the question was because I see very little of Avast4 it runs in the background, and seems to update regularly. whereas AVG did show a window while it was scanning...but now I know, thanks again.

somar 17:10 05 Jul 03

If you decide to purchase anti virus I would recommend anti virus software called Norman (formerly known as Thunder byte) It is cheap and, reliable and will not mess up you operating system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…