antivirus

gum 16:41 27 Nov 04

iv just got a pc with no antivirus.can anyone please give me some advice on whats the best to use

Diodorus Siculus 16:44 27 Nov 04

AVG from grisoft.com is suggested by many here; I prefer avast from avast.com. Both are free; avast ofers support for free version; AVG doesn't.

pj123 17:56 27 Nov 04

I am using the latest version from AVG (7).

No problems so far. click here and download the free version.

spuds 20:42 27 Nov 04

AVG is well recommended

If you have not installed any spywares - adawares etc, then I would suggest that you do. Here are a few of the recommended free downloads. They will all work together with no confliction problems. Adaware click here Spyware Blaster click here a2 click here SpyBot S&D click here

A good firewall ZoneAlarm click here

As mentioned, all are free downloads with good updates and all well recommended.

Belatucadrus 21:18 27 Nov 04
  Crook 18:28 28 Nov 04

Can only agree with previous comments, log into Lavasoft and get latets Adaware SE Personal, Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster, keep them up to date with their free downloads.

When i reeived my new pc one of the first things i did was install both avg and zone alarm free editions and then install mozilla firefox(also free) to replace internet explorer. I've been told that gives me a good combination and so far no problems and i feel safe.

Roy* 15:38 29 Nov 04

I see the Zone Alarm firewall download is a 15 day trial. I guess if you want to keep it after that you have to pay for it right?

Diodorus Siculus 16:23 29 Nov 04

Grisoft Freeweb: Get AVG for your home PC virus protection
click here

Diodorus Siculus 16:26 29 Nov 04

Roy* - sorry, I mixed that one up rightly!

Zone Labs:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…