Antivirus

Raquelmanny 23:50 05 May 04

Hi,I currently have Norton antivirus and Norton internet security installed. The subscription is soon due to run out. Is this the best antivirus and internet security software or not? And as I downloaded from the net, would I be better in the future to order the software cd? Thanks

weedode 00:08 06 May 04

Try AVG ( Free Edition ) at grisoft.com Upadates are very regular and AVG is as good as any for a Home PC.

weedode 00:09 06 May 04
  byfordr 00:22 06 May 04
  spuds 01:32 06 May 04

Here's a few to look at click here

Avg Free Edition-Highly recommended.

@Home 09:04 06 May 04

Get yourself Trend Micro Internet Security, youll not be dissapointed.
Works a treat and dosen't slow down you PC.
Ok it's £40, but next time you upgrde it's half price.

ATB

one23 10:00 06 May 04

Personally I would stick to Norton. I have used it for years and it has never let me down. "Live update" works silently in the background so it is always up to date without me having to do anything.

rickimalone 12:22 06 May 04

Stick to norton by the best product for "install and forget" used it for 4years never once had I virus and the computer runs 24/7 via broadband with kids on instant messenger and all sorts.

maz2 13:05 06 May 04

I had Norton and t let me down big time it allowed Malware thrrough which shut it down and wouldn't allow it to run I'm now running Trend Micro with no problems at all, all updates (which are very frequent) come through automatically, will not let you install anything with spyware, very good, if you bank with the Halifax you can get it for £14 by visiting their website

Al94 13:09 06 May 04

I have used AVG free edition for over two years, has never let me down and PC is on virtually 24/7 also on broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…