antique mechanical artifact

greybeard 22:17 28 Feb 03

Sorry about the title, but I didn't know what else to call it. And that's the problem.

Can anyone point me to a site where you could submit a photo of some curiosity, and have the world and its mother tell you what it is?

kuhbler 22:23 28 Feb 03

Possibly here : click here

Although that may be a little too far in the past!

Forum Editor 22:43 28 Feb 03

You could try this
click here

-pops- 10:38 01 Mar 03

You could have a scout around the BBC website for further info. Even if you don't find what you're looking for, it's an interesting half hour or so.

click here

Stokey 02:31 02 Mar 03

Nice link FE. In my semi-retirement I find I am expected to help wifey more with her collectables & antiques *smalls* dealings. I'm going to keep this site secret from her for as long as possible and impress her with how knowledgable I've become :o)

Forum Editor 12:06 02 Mar 03

Shame on you! I'm quite sure that no other husband would dream of practising such a subterfuge, although...................

I did once have a client make a similar confession to me. His wife asked him to tape 'Who wants to be a millionaire' when she was out one evening. He told her that he spent the evening working on his computer, and later, when they watched the tape together he pretended to think hard before coming up with the answers. He even made sure that he got a couple wrong to make it more authentic. Shocking, isn't it?

Stokey 12:40 02 Mar 03

You know some terrible people!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…