Anti Virus Test!!!!!!

mark mcc 20:35 16 May 06

I have a link to my webpage for the Anti Virus Test that i got attached to an email from the trial download of NOD32.

And i have been on these forums for years and when people set up a thread wanting help about other anti virus software other that AVG and AVAST everyone keeps replying saying that the they should go for the free ones because they are the best or something like that so i am just wanting to clear this up here is the link { its in .doc so you will need microsoft word to open it } hppt://markmc.275mb.com/AntiVirusTest.doc

I think the readers that recodmend AVG. Their computers might not be " Clean " as they think it is.

P.S

Get a real anti virus scan!!!!!

Mark

mark mcc 20:40 16 May 06

Sorry You Will Need To Copy and paste sorry

mark

mark mcc 20:41 16 May 06

click here

Thats The Correct Link

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:50 16 May 06

How many times do you need to be told that many users (I run a mail list of 80) use AVG and it is superb. Lab tests bear no relation to 'real life'. There are a few threads on this and you might like to have a look. /yawn

G

g0nvs 21:00 16 May 06

I have always used AVG Free, never had a virus infection ever. Nuff said.

Stuartli 21:00 16 May 06

...and Avast! does a first class job of protecting my system and quite a large number of family and friends.

Occasionally get the siren warning and just hit the Delete button.

mark mcc 21:06 16 May 06

If you dont want to download the file view the web version here

click here

ade.h 21:25 16 May 06

Those of use who are willing and happy to pay for a good AV because it has some advantages always get shot down in flames around here. Apart from right now, I normally avoid the temptation to discuss it as it just starts an argument.

mark mcc 21:26 16 May 06

i know ade.h but i thaught i would risk it

Al94 22:40 16 May 06

I use Avast, AVG before that and have never had a virus in around 5 years (fingers crossed!)

Totally-braindead 22:45 16 May 06

Don't get me wrong mark mcc I for one am not saying anything bad about NOD32 its meant to be a very good anti virus program but this has really been done to death and beyond.
AVG is good, not as good as NOD32 I agree but its worked fine for me and I see no reason to change it.
If you get shot down its because you are the one who mentioned and slagged AVG. And you have obviously not read the posts either, I cannot recall anyone saying AVG or even AVAST were the best.
I recommend AVG and AVAST because they are free and do the job providing you keep them updated and use some common sense when on the internet. If you go to lots of sites which are clearly unsafe then no anti virus program will protect you. Not even NOD32.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…