Anti-Virus Software

Pc-cillin 01:10 12 Feb 03

A good mate of mine put my computer together for me and very good it is too ( XP-AMD2000-512 memory) no compliants.
He put me PCCILIN2002 AV in, wich has been very good.
The thing is, I have been reading lots of Info on AV's and some are good and some are not. Is PCCILLIN 2002 as good as my mate says ( very system friendly) or could I do better?
Please, No norton, I have seen it at work.

Stokey 01:50 12 Feb 03

Pc-cillin is OK. I tranferred, just last week, files from one machine to my other machine which has PC-cillin on board. It picked up a virus straight away. The machine with the undetected virus was under the "protection" of AVG.

I now have PC-cillin on both machines and you get an update almost every day. Yes it is good I think.

JoeC 11:45 12 Feb 03
  Stokey 12:10 12 Feb 03

Good post JoeC. The detailed results will be a surprise and disappointment to many people I guess.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 12:28 12 Feb 03

is Pc-cillin any good?? must be if it is named after you :>)

personly i stick with avg no probs so far but after stokey's comments might take a look!

Pc-cillin 12:57 12 Feb 03

After looking at the results it maybe that Pccillin ain't so good for XP.

Belatucadrus 13:00 12 Feb 03

The Virus bulletin tests were why I loaded avast on the new PC, the results were rather better than AVG. So far very pleased, no problems and the update system is much better. click here

watchful 13:23 12 Feb 03

Your namesake is the best I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…