Is this another scam

jimv7 15:03 23 Jul 08

Anyone have innformation on this firm click here
selling insurance for satellite services.

Just had a call from them, £79 for a years insurance and the guy got most upset when I would not give him my bank sort code and account number.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:29 23 Jul 08

They sound astonishingly similar to a firm that has appeared many times on Watchdog. Anyone who called me and got upset if I did not want to do business with them, would never have a chance again as it smacks of commission driven sales which have not got a terribly good track record..

G

spuds 15:35 23 Jul 08

The company appears to be legit,and is based in Basingstoke RG24 4RG, but you are not the only one to have received this type of cold call treatment click here

Dragon_Heart 22:25 23 Jul 08

Name & Registered Office:

SYSTEMGUARD LIMITED
2ND FLOOR
145-157 ST.JOHN STREET
LONDON
EC1V 4PY
Company No. 05785871

If you ever do need insurance for satellite services, or any electrical domestic item, try your domestic home insurance company first.

We leave our answer phone on most of the time ... it doesn't know my bank details either !

Dragon_Heart 22:39 23 Jul 08

Check this out at click here

click here

The real person behind Systemguard is John Crane.

Last year, Sky won a High Court injunction against Crane, banning him from running a business that rang people up and sold them satellite repair plans by falsely claiming to be part of Sky

Phil Thomas of Hampshire County Council's trading standards service would be interested in hearing from people who have information regarding their sales tactics.

Contact details click here

Covergirl 12:35 24 Jul 08

May report
click here

and March report
click here

and these previous PCA threads :

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…