Another Medion IT product..

Stuartli 08:59 12 Nov 03

I see that Aldi is advertising a multi-functional PDA and Satellite Navigation System going on sale from tomorrow.

Looks like another rebadged Medion product (nothing wrong in that, many such items are rebadged in the IT world); in this case it bears a very strong resemblance to the HP iPAQ H4150 first seen last month.

Prices is £349.99 and includes two 256MB MultiMedia (MMC) cards, Windows Mobile 2--3 software, Intel Xscale 400MHz CPU, MP3 music player and ability to connect to the Net.

allyballybee 16:50 18 Nov 03

bought the medion pocket pc. great except you can only connect to the net via the sync cradle. in fact unless you really need sat nav id avoid it. it has internet explorer etc etc. but no modem and after speaking to one of their advisors who knew nothing about the damn thing theres no way of sending and recieving emails unless your sitting at your pc with the pda in the sync cradle.waste of money and a con letting you buy under the impression it has internet access, when in fact you cant actually go online.

Stuartli 17:04 18 Nov 03

I'm sorry to read of your misadventure - I was going by the flyer.

As the PDA does not do what you would anticipated i.e. connect to the Internet whilst on the move, I would think you have good grounds to seek a refund if you wish.

The "ability to connect to the Net" is not the same as, for instance, my son's wireless PDA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…