Another ebay scam

jimv7 09:31 19 Apr 05

Email arrived this morning,

Welcome to a community of sellers that have achieved exceptional level of success and positive feedback on eBay!

We invite you to join us as a PowerSeller Member is a PowerSeller

If you agree with this rank please register by accesing your account within 24 hours

Very Important !
The registration is active only once.

I sent it to [email protected] and recieved this reply,

The email you reported did not originate from, nor is it endorsed by,
eBay or PayPal. We are very concerned about this problem and are
working
diligently to address the situation.

Remember, ebay DO NOT request names and passwords via emails.

diyclown 13:28 19 Feb 06

Why is it that the buyer has to leave feedback first?,giving the seller the last say. after all I cant leave feeback until I get the product and try it out,while the sellers job has been completed before mine.so if you say anything wrong they immediately respond in kind.
And why isnt it possible to leave a a middle of the road feedback?

SG Atlantis® 14:22 19 Feb 06

It's to take control of the situation diyclown. If the seller sends you the item and leaves postive feedback, he risks you unnecessarily leaving him negative feedback before resolving any issues.

pc_sausage 14:23 19 Feb 06

You can leave positive, neutral or negative feedback.

Plus if someone leaves you feedback you don't agree with, you can post a follow-up comment.

More sellers are finding that if they leave feedback first, the buyer often neglects to leave feedback. Or sellers leave the positive feedback and often buyers reply with a positve (featuring negative comments, or often an unjustified neutral comment).

It's getting more & more common, mainly because a large minority of buyers don't leave feedback, or do so - without telling the whole story.

SG Atlantis® 14:23 19 Feb 06

You should ask this on ebay community or start your own thread btw.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…