Annoying phone call

hssutton 14:52 30 Nov 07

For the past two weeks each day around midday I receive a phone call, but on answering the caller hangs up.

Dialing 1471 brings up the following number 01454 201129 A search on the web for this number brings up "A valid 3-digit area code is required for this search".

Any ideas?

mimram 15:00 30 Nov 07

Gooogle came up with the following:
click here

Hope this helps

hssutton 16:38 30 Nov 07

Thanks I had googled in a different way and came up with no "A valid 3-digit area code is required for this search".

One thing is for certain Corhill Insurance will never get any business from me.

hssutton 16:41 30 Nov 07

Was going to put in a complaint to Ofcom, but it appears they're not in business this weekend. message on the Ofcom web site "We are undertaking essential maintenance on the Ofcom website this weekend"

Clapton is God 16:45 30 Nov 07

Or register with click here

It won't stop all 'unwanted' calls - but it's a start

VCR97 20:28 30 Nov 07

You are probably being called by a computer. When you answer it should connect you to an operator or, if no operator is free, it will clear-down and pester the next person in the sequence. You are lucky in that you have a number: they usually withhold the number. I had a month of this from an insurance company. I discovered the source with the help of BT's nuisance call bureau.

hssutton 20:41 30 Nov 07

I'm already registered with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS)

VCR97 Did you follow Mimram's link. It appears that this is a scam to get you to phone them and of course pay for the privilege.

VCR97 19:42 01 Dec 07

No, this was my health insurance outfit. It turned out that all they wanted was to check that I had received some membership documentation.

mikef. 21:06 01 Dec 07

click here you're not the only one being pestered

hssutton 00:53 02 Dec 07

This morning the phone rang. "Hello is that Mr----" I answered yes, " Good morning This is Cornill Insurance" So I let him have both barrels, finishing up telling to get my name off their database, and if I received another call from them I would complain to Ofcom.

Will that be the end of these calls? If not I will post again.

paddy75 00:01 03 Dec 07

I had the misfortune to buy a ring for my wife from the above and have been getting dozens of phone calls from them since,the last 3 weeks they have rung every day including Sunday,even though my wife tells them i am at work,got a call on Friday last from a call center in India i think and i gave off to him and told not to ring again,he gave me a number for their UK office which i rang and told them to remove me from their list,have to wait and see if this will work,by the way i will never buy from them again.Paddy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…