analogue or digital?

arear 12:42 16 Jul 03

I am buying 2 17 inch monitors for my home PCs. I am going to buy the LG1710s or 1710b. I was originally planning to buy the b version as this is digatal but was recently told that the industry was dropping the DVI interface due to low takeup and are going to stick with the analogue standard.
Is this true and any advice on which I should get?

bfoc 13:27 16 Jul 03

The LG1710B and find it excellent.

I've used both the DVI and analogue cables (it comes with both) and IMHO the DVI gives a 'crisper' and better defined image when used from DVI graphics card.

I don't know how it would be from an analogue card and I haven't heard anything about dropping DVI, and it would seem very strange to me. But then what do I know!

arear 14:57 16 Jul 03

The descriptions that ive had say that the B version is digital only and does not dontain the analogue connectors. Which supplier did you buy from?

Rayuk 18:29 16 Jul 03

The L1710B has DVI and Anag connections
The L1710s has anag only according to their website
click here

click here

Rayuk 18:31 16 Jul 03

PS
Have not come across anything regarding ditching digital have you any links for this.Doesnt seem to ring true to me[not doubting your good faith]

bfoc 09:17 17 Jul 03

My LG1710B as part of an Evesham system, but as Rayuk says it is usual for it to come with both connections.

In fact it is possible to attach 2 machines to the one monitor and change which is displayed by using the 'source' button on the monitor. I have done that, both when transferring stuff from the old machine and when my wife wants to use the larger screen with her laptop, and it works well. Saves having to scrabble around the back of the machine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…