amilo d cracking up!!

subaru 19:30 14 Nov 05

Has anyone heard of problems with Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo d laptops and their build quality? Ive had an 1845 that has developed somevery worrying cracks in the plastic body, one in the corner of the screen frame, one near the keyboard, and one on the screen cover near a hinge.
Im just about to make my case under the warranty. No accidental damage obviously.
terry

Forum Editor 20:53 14 Nov 05

but three on one machine? Be prepared for the possibility that the warranty claim might be challenged. You say "No accidental damage obviously", but I'm not sure why it's obvious. I certainly hope it doesn't happen, but it's on the cards that the manufacturer might say that so many cracks can only be the result of misuse of some sort. You don't say how long you've had this machine, and that will obviously have a bearing on matters.

I'm not aware of any particular problem with this model.

fatles 20:42 15 Dec 05

I've got an Amilo D 1845 and my lid is cracked also!! In two places on either side of the laptop lid close to the hinges. The laptop has been into FSiemens and they have said it is an non-warranty issue, they've put it down to accidental damage - but I've not dropped or banged the laptop in anyway. There's obviously a manufacturing defect in the cases. I've sent a letter to Sue Young (FSiemens) and I can pass her address on, get nagging!!

subaru 00:28 16 Dec 05

Thanks for your response. Now i can tell you a lot about all this. I contacte them under warranty and described my 3 cracks...one arcing rd rt hinge on outside lid, like yrs..... and....im still in shock... they didnt bat an eyelid. I was preparing to get a solicitor involved...and they shipped it up repaired all the panels and all is wonderful!!!!.....................
NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! My beautiful clean crack free laptop has another tiny crack on the lid in the same place...as yet almost imperceptible.
So i guess im going to have to do it all over again. Deffo a design fault...ive only had it a few weeks and its had very careful wear. i even put a bit of wd40 on the hinge as its obviously to do with flexing on opening an closing.
Email me on [email protected] and ill send you some pix of what went wrong with mine. I think this is an absolute scandal... bloody thing cracking up makes it worthless. i think u should get onto them and threaten a solicitor... u cant use it like that. eventually it wiil screw the screen up
not impressed with build quality at all..the rubber feet fell off within a month of me having it...got fed up with complaining and put some maplins rubber feet on they never fell off.
Email me
terry

Totally-braindead 01:55 16 Dec 05

If you wish to get someone to email you then ask them to do so via the envelope next to your name do not post your email address as this is asking for trouble as anyone who sees it can then email you, whereas with the envelope they have to be a member and if something bad happens the Forum Editor can hopefully help put a stop to it.

subaru 14:00 14 Jan 06

Ive had a few emails about this subject and my experiences. Sounds like others arent treated as well as i was. If anybody is experiencing similar probs email me. Ill send you the pix of the cracks ...that might be useful.

will83 20:19 24 Jan 06

I have an Amilo M and am so relieved to find that other people are finding these cracks in the casing!! Mine are appearing at the 2 front corners of the keyboard and are getting bigger!

I have had my laptop almost a year and also think that it is disgusting that they can blame you for the damage. - I very much use mine as a desktop pc and has rarely left my room!

I have just been on hold to the warranty line for 40 whole minutes and have given up to try again tomorrow. - I hope I am trying the right number? (08705 359 752)

Subaru, do have a direct number for anyone I could try? - And if you have pix that would be good to see, I will be uploading mine soon.

Any help is appreciated,

Will

will83 20:45 24 Jan 06

Here are the pictures of the cracks on my case...

click here

will83 21:48 24 Jan 06

I have since been searching the net for more victims of this..

I have found click here where there is 8 pages on the subject!!!!!

I have run it through google translator and hope you can see it:

click here

fatles 00:31 26 Jan 06

Sorry I've been so long in replying, I've been mega busy. Anyway progress so far has been v.slow - needless to say I've not got anywhere with Fujitsu Siemens, they are rubbish!! However, undaunted by their poor customer care I got in touch with consumer direct which is run by the department of trade and industry. This is an organisation that deals with customer complaints like ours, follow link click here(zftbghmmzmlssz45k4owtsbt)/form.aspx?co=594&frm=case&ri=YH&to=enquiries
They advised me to send a letter to both fujitsu siemens and nice PC who I bought my PC through. They advised me to send a letter recorded delivery for proof of posting. I am going to try to send a letter to Sue Young this weekend, it would be good if we could send our complaint letters at around the same time - a united front and all that. Address is: -
Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Venture House
Arlington Square
Bracknell
Berkshire
RG12 1WA
We will succeed!! Let me know how you get on!
Cheers.
Les.

fatles 00:35 26 Jan 06

for some reason the above link takes you to the wrong site. Type in consumer direct in google - should be first web-site found.

I've logged the complaint with consumer direct and am going to keep them informed of progress (will be requesting a 14 day response from Fujitsu Siemens and Nice PC).

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…