Amilo D 1845

Paff 06:47 11 May 06

Hi all,

I'm sad but glad that there is problems with cracks in these cases as I could not think how I'd cracked it myself!

The company I work for last year offered FS laptops under the computers at work scheme (3year warranty), it sounded good so I got one.

Now I have seen a large crack appear from the right arrow of the keyboard out to the side of the case just above the ATI sticker. Also I have a heat issue... it gets so hot you can hardly touch it. I bought an under the laptop 3 fan blower to try and help cool it.

Is there any connection with the heating/cracking issue?

It seems likely that this could be a stress fracture due to the heat in some cases.

So far only one crack, I am waiting for more as I read this thread !

PC Advisor Ed... what is the lastest update from FS and what is the proceedure to return it to them for repair?

Can they sort out the heat/crack issue at the same time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards...

Diodorus Siculus 10:19 11 May 06

Forums - amilo d cracking up!! - PC Advisor
click here

pj123 16:49 11 May 06

Oh dear!!! My friend has just bought an Amilo 1650g.

I have just warned him about these problems but at the moment he tells me that it does not get hot at all, even when left on all day.

He says that it is quite difficult to open the lid without the whole thing tipping up, so he has to hold the bottom while lifting the lid.

He has checked for cracks and, so far, has not seen any. Hopefully, FS has solved the problem and his laptop is free from cracking up.

I speak German and my friends wife is a German citizen. We have both been to the German site
click here but can't see anything relating to the Amilo 1650g. Hopefully that is good news.

kev-544109 18:37 04 Oct 06

my amilo d 1845 is cracking aswell, i to was'nt sure if it had been dropped, glad in some way to here others having same problem. has anyone had the problem of the case screws on the underside coming un-done or the a/c power supply packing up, both myself and a guy at work have suffered this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…