AMD vs intel for a Laptop

bemuzed 21:33 06 Oct 09

Going to get a laptop for ~£400. AMD chip Laptops are about £40 cheaper and according to this site click here have similar performance. Is that a valid comparison. Rest of specs for laptops seem similar.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:09 06 Oct 09

If you are using the lappy for Internet and office use, there will be no noticeable difference. With the £40 saved you could buy a 16Gb memory stick which will save your life one day.

G

bemuzed 07:01 07 Oct 09

Probably OK for me then. I would also watch DVDs and downloaded videos, and some editing. Out of interest what would I have to do to notice the difference

Woolwell 14:15 07 Oct 09

If you want to edit video than I would look at Intel but for £400 ish then the spec will not be very good. How much RAM and the hardrive size are important factors and the graphics as well. An AMD with good/better other specs may in the end be better than an Intel.

Devil Fish 22:57 09 Oct 09

high end intel rule the roost at the moment but with a £400 pound price tag you wont notice any difference

in my opinion i would base my choice on has one got a slight edge over the other ie a bit more ram usefull with onboard graphics as they tend to share system memory or has one got a bit more storage space

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…