Amd Processor

denali 14:28 09 Nov 05

Anyone have any idea where I can get an AMD Socket A 1.2 processor.? I have spent three days searching the net.and have not even come close. Many thanks.

GaT7 14:45 09 Nov 05

Does it *have* to be 1.2? Or, is a little lower/greater OK?

If you don't mind eBay click here. If I can find more, I'll be back to post them. G

denali 14:53 09 Nov 05

Crossbow7 Thank you for your quick response. The manual says it is for a 1.2. Is it okay to go a little higher.? I am dubious about E Bay through previous experience.

GaT7 15:01 09 Nov 05

Do you mean the motherboard manual says it is for a 1.2? If yes, please tell us its make & model. G

denali 15:05 09 Nov 05

Crossbow7. It is Biostar ATX socket A BI-M7VKD

GaT7 15:32 09 Nov 05

denali, according to Biostar click here, the M7VKD will take a (max) of:

* 2100+ AMD Athlon XP (0.18u/266MHz)

* 1.4GHz AMD Athlon

* 1.3GHz AMD Duron

all of which are not going to be easy to find (unless you're willing to get one from eBay).

I'll have a look around & come back if I find any. You can also do so & report back. Let's hope others who are reading this will be able to help too. G

interzone55 15:48 09 Nov 05

click here

This is a 1.8Ghz Duron, the slowest AMD processor I can find, it's got a 266Mhz FSB, which is the important bit, you may be able to get a bios flash to enable it to run at full speed, otherwise it will just run at a lower clock speed.

At the moment it's £35.01 at Ebuyer

denali 16:48 09 Nov 05

Thank you both very much. I will leave this open for a while hopefully someone will have other ideas.
The Duron appears a tad slow but if it is all I can get it will do.

hughie591 10:59 13 Nov 05

denali i saw your cry for help about an amd processor,so i had a dig in my junk box and came up with an amd athalon axda 2000ut3c i think that what it says on the top,my eyes aint what they used to be. if its any good give me hoy.

denali 09:54 15 Nov 05

hughie591. Just saw your thread. Appears to be exactly what I am looking for. If you would be kind enough to e-mail me with cost, postage etc. I will get back to you.
Many thanks denali

denali 18:56 10 Dec 05

Please forgive the repost: Iposted this a while back.

Anyone have any idea where I can get an AMD Socket A 1.2 processor.? I have spent three days searching the net.and have not even come close. Many thanks.

I received this reply from hughie591.
denali i saw your cry for help about an amd processor,so i had a dig in my junk box and came up with an amd athalon axda 2000ut3c i think that what it says on the top,my eyes aint what they used to be. if its any good give me hoy.

I answered the post but unfortunately I ended up in hospital the same day. Anyone any idea how to solve my problem.? I tried an e-mail to the little yellow thing but no luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…