AMD or INTEL ?

sMoKez:) 01:19 06 Mar 06

My next project and i need your input - which route should i go?? Intell or AMD

surfsteruk 01:32 06 Mar 06

Go with AMD as its cheaper than its intel equivalent. But depends on what you want the system for. I've read that Intels are better at crunching numbers and high CPU intensity tasks such as video processing etc. AMD for overall system performance and games.

Totally-braindead 10:43 06 Mar 06

Agree with surfsteruk, in the tests I've read about AMD are better for games, Intel have the edge for video processing for everything else they are about the same. The main thing that differentuates between them as far as I'm concerned is the cost. AMD processors are a lot cheaper than the Intel equivalents and are therefore better value.

dth 12:41 06 Mar 06

amd for me too

spuds 16:26 06 Mar 06

Used both, and cannot see much difference. On AMD at present, only because it was slightly cheaper than Intel at the time.

josie mayhem 22:54 07 Mar 06

I'm the same as spuds,

I have 1 laptop 6 months old which is intel, my two desk tops which I built myself, one is and intel based and the other is AMD (the newer one)and I can't really tell the difference between them, they are all used for identical tasks and each carry out these tasks easily. The only real difference I noticed was the actual cost of building the 2 desktops the AMD being far cheaper to build.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…