AMD Advertising

PC Advisor. 10:58 04 Nov 03

Hi folks,

Just to let you know, we're running a new type of ad on the site. Only users with Flash and IE 6.0 will experience the ad and it's capped to just one user session - in other words you shouldn't see it more than once.

Guy (Online Ed)

JIM 12:20 04 Nov 03

you really cought me out with that one.
Was it posted to the Help forum at all?

obbit 14:30 04 Nov 03

PCA why do you use ads that upset and annoy everyone? i think ads should be kind and discrete. if an ad annoys me i definatly avoid the product.

john-232317 14:41 04 Nov 03

Not only is it annoying it changed the size of the window twice !!!

Stuartli 14:47 04 Nov 03

Agree adverts should be discreet - those on the lines of the 3s saga are a massive turnoff as, thankfully, PCA eventually appeared to concede.

obbit 14:51 04 Nov 03

if you would like to be free of "PESTS" like these try crazy browser click here

if PCA can't be kind then take avoiding action.

i have crazy browser and didn't suffer the 3's nor am i suffering this latest "PEST"

TheTerminator 15:57 04 Nov 03

I have lost all my bars at the top of my browser - no forward/back bar etc. really anoying and does my head in. Please get rid of this monstrosity

Djohn 16:07 04 Nov 03

It does offer the option to turn it off, either for the one session, or indefinitely. Just look for the off button if it is affecting your PC. j.

Gaz 25 17:28 04 Nov 03

Then if you block the SPYWARE cookies, it does not save your settings!!!!

Ghrrrr. Any way. It is blocked in my advert blocker now.

Here is an artice: click here

Gaz 25 17:42 04 Nov 03

Search google for: Ooqa Ooqa

and just see what pops up!!!!

Forum Editor 17:53 04 Nov 03

Do you? I'm glad you aren't running our marketing department then.

Advertising isn't about being kind - it's about selling products and services, and presumably the manufacturers and service providers think they know what works for them.

We need this advertising revenue if we are to survive. We're running the biggest (and some say the best) free computer advice forum in the UK, if not in Europe, and we can't afford to sit back and let the forum slowly die for want of funds. If we didn't try hard enough you really would have something to criticise us for, but please don't do it without first thinking about why we take these decisions. We have some pretty professional marketing people in our company, and they're getting on with their job - we should at least give them an opportunity to do it without carping on every time a different ad appears.

Turn it off if you don't like it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…