Amazon.co.uk Marketplace

lovelylel 16:55 22 May 03

I ordered a DVD from a private seller via Amazon Marketplace, it has not arrived. Have contacted the seller who claims to have posted it at the weekend. Has anyone else had a problem with a vendor on Amazon and if so, what, if anything, did Amazon do to help? Of course my stuff may come, but would like to know if anyone else has had a similar problem. Thanks.

Lú-tzé 21:00 22 May 03

I have bought books via the Amazon marketplace when they were not available as new and never had a problem. Afterwards, Amazon send an email asking for info re the seller - did the seller accurately describe the item? did it arrive quickly? and so on.

Have you contacted Amazon yet?

soy 21:22 22 May 03

I have had the opposite problem.

Someone selected to purchase a book I was selling but they never paid. I waited for about 2-3 weeks but in the end, I had to relist the book.

Lú-tzé 22:09 22 May 03

Soy - I thought that it was necessary to pay Amazon for the book and then Amazon sends the payment to the seller. As a matter of interest, how much commission is charged by Amazon?

lovelylel 14:39 23 May 03

thanks, I have contacted both the seller and Amazon. Seller says he dispatched last Saturday so it should be with me now. Amazon say contact seller and if no luck I can claim under guarantee after 30 days. If DVD has not arrived by end of next week I will try contacting my credit card co to stop the payment, do you think that will work? Perhaps I am being a bit hasty, but my experience with Royal Mail has always been favourable and their delivery times are generally good. However I will not buy from a private seller again! Yes, the money does go to Amazon firstly rather than the seller, the seller can then get the money paid into their account after a specified period. I sold something myself on Marketplace and it all went smoothly though had to wait a long time for the funds to go through.

soy 22:09 23 May 03

Hi,

Amazon don't charge very much commission. Maybe a couple of pounds, I'm not sure.

I recieved an email from amazon saying that someone had purchased my book and told to wait until the payment had been processed before I send it out. I waited for a couple of weeks, emailed the buyer etc but nothing. Amazon eventually told me that the buyer had not attempted to pay and to relist the book.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…