Amazon UK Marketplace

Zeppelyn 20:02 23 Nov 07

I was looking earlier for a new photo printer for the missus as a Christmas pressie and decided on HP Photosmart C4280. The best deal I found was on Amazon at £45 so decided to add spare cartridges and a USB cable,this all came to £89 so proceeded to checkout and then got a shock. The order involved 4 different suppliers and delivery of £23.75 so needless to say I didnt go ahead. Found what I wanted elsewhere with free delivery.

What a weird way of doing business, any comments anyone.

rdave13 20:13 23 Nov 07

I only buy products supplied by Amazon. If not supplied by them I do exactly as you did and buy elswhere.

Zeppelyn 21:11 23 Nov 07

Thanks for replies, It was the fact I ordered a spare colour cartridge and a black cartridge and got two different suppliers that did it for me.

spuds 23:35 23 Nov 07

I buy quite a number of cd's via Amazon Marketplace sellers. Each cd costs the standard £1.24 delivery charge, so if you buy three cd's from the same UK seller the delivery charge works out at £3.72. They usually arrive in the same jiffy bag, at a much reduced actual postal charge. Considering that I sometimes only pay as little as a 1p for some new and sealed cd's, I am not complaining.

In fact I am listening at this very minute to one of the 1p specials>> the COORS- Forgotten, Not Forgotten <<. Absolutely superb.

MadBob 11:31 25 Nov 07

Glad someone raised this. As a long time Amazon user I am really surprised they allow this.
Advertising goods at low rates and charging over the odds for postage is something I would think Amazon would not associate thmselves with.
It actually has put me off the site somewhat.

Bob

lisa02 12:02 25 Nov 07

I only buy off Amazon themselves. It would be good to be able to set a search parameter to exclude Market Place Sellers.

spuds 13:58 25 Nov 07

MadBob, but this method is nothing different to eBay, and how some of the sellers work that system.

lisa02, you can set a search parameter, it exists already.

lisa02 20:47 25 Nov 07

I didn`t know that. I've spent ages looking through listings to pick out the ones by Amazon.

burnside 01:05 24 Jan 08

click here is a brilliant site I've just found, it only searches Amazon.co.uk items - at last, someone has solved this problem!!

al7478 02:05 24 Jan 08

I do that for CDs, books and DVDs. it tends to work out quite well.

I might be wary of other items now tho. However, i was under the impression that the main price given was alwys an amazon price, and you can go into the used and new section for other, possibly cheaper sellers. Is that wrong?

al7478 02:10 24 Jan 08

I do that for CDs, books and DVDs. it tends to work out quite well.

I might be wary of other items now tho. However, i was under the impression that the main price given was alwys an amazon price, and you can go into the used and new section for other, possibly cheaper sellers. Is that wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced