Amazon and Third Party Dealers

Chas49 18:30 28 Feb 11

I bought a camcorder ( a rather expensive one!) from Great Deals. Delivery was much speedier than they estimated on the web site. Unfortunately, the camera had to be returned and a replacement was not available at that time. My request for a refund was, on Sunday evening, immediately processed and an email received from Amazon to that effect. Service like this just cannot be bettered. The man with whom I corresponded was a Mr. Brian Lister and I must commend his dedication, both to his company and his customers. Having read of refunds being withheld and the problems resulting from this I think that such a case and supplier deserve a mention, and prove, I think, that some third party suppliers are trustworthy.

This report is not intended to drum up business for Great Deals but to show that they are not all tarred with the same brush.

Terry Brown 15:59 01 Mar 11

Amazon are a shop front, that deals with multiple dealers, however, Each and every one of them must abide by the rules that Amazon set.

That is why when you deal with Amazon, you are dealing with the Cream of the crop.

Terry

Chas49 16:03 01 Mar 11

I could not agree more.

beeuuem 23:45 01 Mar 11

Which is why I'm disappointed that, having bought through Amazon, the hard drive I received today was faulty and, having been manufactured in November 2004, probably second hand.

Chas49 20:46 19 Mar 11

Did you resolve the problem? As I said, mine was - immediately.

beeuuem 11:23 20 Mar 11

The problem was resolved in a relatively short time. Although initially I was asked to return the goods at my expense, a freepost address was supplied immediately when requested. The refund appeared on my CC account within a week.
While it is preferable that things don't go wrong, the test of a company is how they perform when this happens, as it must at some time.
In this test the supplier passed with flying colours.

Forum Editor 12:52 20 Mar 11

I ordered an expensive keyboard via the Amazon site. It was predicted to arrive - from Germany - within 14 days, but 24 hours later I had an email from the German supplier, asking me if I realised that the keyboard had a German language layout. I hadn't, and they responded by asking if I would like the order to be cancelled.

I said 'yes please', and within two hours I had another email telling me the money was back in my account; I checked, and it was.

A day later I received yet another email, this time from Amazon, apologising for the inconvenience.

The company really does know how to run an online retailing portal - it puts some others to shame.

onthelimit 13:18 20 Mar 11

In my experience, it puts MOST others to shame. Over the past umpteen years, I've not had a single bad experience with them, unlike several others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…