//some 3rd party need geo

Amazon Slow off the mark

tel128 15:09 03 Dec 04

I ordered a camera priced £293 that was showing as ex-stock at the time. I was informed the delivery date would be 10 days. After 10 days, nothing was sent. I emailed to ask for an explaination and got a reply adding another week to the time of depatch.
Not the way to generate good customer relations when the camera is still being shown as in stock and 2 to 3 days delivery.
I have cancelled the order and gone elsewhere and found it £30 cheaper.

Jdoki 15:29 03 Dec 04

I had a similar issue with Amazon recently.

I ordered a PC game and paid the postage to, hopefully, get it on day of release.

Day of release... nothing. Despite their site stating the item was now in stock and 'usually dispatched in 24 hours'.

I emailed them asking for an update, and was informed that they had no stock, but were happy to inform me that they had secured a copy for me! - Rather contradicted what their website was stating.

I replied stating their stock/availability system was misleading and asking why I had not been informed of the delay (bearing in mind I had recently ordered Halo 2 and received an email from Amazon stating a delay), their reply was 'You get one email confirming order, and another confirming despatch'!

I finally received the product about 4-5 days after release.

Not impressed.

Newuser2 15:42 03 Dec 04

I placed an order for a camcorder with Amazon and battery for it via a third party supplier on Wednesday. The battery arrived 8 am this morning. Camcorder is due acording to Amazon to be delivered between the 6th and 8th next week.
I'll post back when it arrives.
I must say that in the past I've had to chase Amazon to get orders delivered.

Salinger 15:51 03 Dec 04

I ordered a book from Amazon and got in 2 days. Thought this was pretty good service so ordered a Mobile phone on 28th Nov with estimated shipping date of 1st Dec but it has (apparently) not yet been shipped. Could have walked into Currys and walked out with it. There is no price advantage. No more orders from me, Amazon.

bvw in bristol 16:07 03 Dec 04

"Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk with your concern.

We are sorry that you have not yet received your order .......

We can confirm that it was sent from our Fulfilment Centre on
November 25, 2004 to the following address:

======= etc..

If your package does not arrive by December 07, 2004, please contact
us by visiting the following URL to confirm that it has not been
received and that your delivery address is correct for your order, so
we can investigate and take the appropriate action"
=================================================

Play.com, Ebuyer and Pixmania all delivered within a couple of days, excellent service last week from them.

I'm still waiting for my Amazon order :(

grumpy-git 16:32 03 Dec 04

Ordered dvd Sunday, got acknowledgment on Monday, package delivered Tuesday.

Great!!

G-G

Newuser2 16:33 10 Dec 04

Posting back as promised.
Camcorder delivered at 6 30PM on the 8th.
The carrier recieved it on the 6th put it out for home delivery and then couldn't track it.????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…