Amazon and the Post Office.

rdave13 18:42 08 Sep 06

I ordered an SD memory card from Amazon yesterday at four o'clock. Today it arrived via the Post Office at nine and was in the camera at nine-oh-five. Excellent service from both companies and just wondered if this is a record?
I paid for standard postage and just wondered how fast it would have been for "next day delivery"..!

anskyber 19:01 08 Sep 06

I use Amazon a lot and the speed of delivery has always impressed me.

Forum Editor 19:06 08 Sep 06

and you might be surprised to learn that it's not unusual for Amazon deliveries to arrive so rapidly.

Amazon are without a doubt one of the country's best online retailers, and their despatch system is the envy of the industry. During the 2005 pre-Christmas period Amazon UK delivered an average of 480,000 packages a day.
The busiest day saw over 256 tonnes of goods leave the Amazon warehouse, with a Royal Mail truck leaving one of its three distribution centres every 15 minutes.

On December 12th Amazon sold 3.6m items worldwide, that's 41 orders every second. Over the whole of the Christmas period Amazon took 108 million orders, and this year they reckon to beat that record.

1minute 19:11 08 Sep 06

Some companies are on the ball on this.

spuds 19:34 08 Sep 06

Amazon should consider setting-up an auxiliary training company.Their expertise could show many a UK company how customer service and relations work.

I use Amazon on occasions, when I want hard to find cd imports. Their 'Shop' contacts overseas is absolutely first class, never failed me yet. Recently I ordered a cd from one of their contacts in the USA. Delivered within 5 days, and with regular emails and delivery tracking facility.Try beating that service elsewhere.

rdave13 21:15 08 Sep 06

This was a first order for me so I ordered a low value item. I was staggard by the speed of delivery especially as I ordered so late in the day. Received an email from Amazon at 4:30 today to say that the item was despatched!

FE and Spuds, thanks for the info, very interesting and I think I will be using Amazon a bit more now, especially as the SD card was cheaper than I could get it off ebay. P&P included.

Still I will think twice before calling the Royal Mail delivery system "snail mail" again.

terryf 23:51 09 Sep 06

Yes, interesting, I ordered a bog-standard copy of Acronis True Image 9 and it took over 18 days to be dispatched

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5