Amazon Phishing Email

terryf 05:08 01 Aug 06

Got the following phishing email which Amazon assure me is not valid, also look at the spelling in the last sentence!
Dear Amazon® member,
It has come to our attention that your Amazon order Information records are out of date. That requires you to update the order Information If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your order records, you will not run into any future problems with Amazon online service.
However, failure to update your records will result in account termination.
Please update your records in maximum 24 hours.
Once you have updated records, your Amazon session will not be
interrupted and will continue as normal.
To update your Amazon order Information click on the following link:
Here follows a link to a site that includes the words ‘amazon.com’ and ‘exec and ‘account access login’
Best Regards ,
Amazon Security Departament

€dstowe 06:47 01 Aug 06

The thing I can never understand about any of the "account termination" notifications - of which there are loads purporting to be from all sorts of companies, including banks - is that it goes against the whole ethos of capitalism.

A business would never terminate an account without a very, very good reason. Updating their records is most certainly not a good reason.

Getting quite a few of these Phishing emails lately, never had one till about 3 weeks ago, they all starting with internetsecuriy@
Had them trying to pass of as Egg, Nationwide and Eggbank, None of which I use.
all wanting me to click on a link to update security passwords ect
Have passed on info to my isp but as it is not generated from them they don’t want to know
So I’ve just blocked the sender in Outlook Express

wiz-king 19:39 01 Aug 06

Unfortunately you cannot use the quality of the English language as a criteria to judge the validity of e-mails, some genuine ones are just as bad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…