Amazon not as good as others

peterleemaxwell 11:35 29 Jul 10

I have been a customer with Amazon UK for over ten years. Over that period I have purchased many items over their entire range. I have had a book on order for a year and a half awaiting publication. Now it's been published they have stated they cannot get the book for their suppliers and suggested I buy from the Amazon market place. I have now closed my account and will in future buy from anywhere else. What price loyalty. This is not a good company-buyer beware!

john 52 11:43 29 Jul 10

So 9 years 11 months you have been very satisfied with the service Amazon has given you and because they have slipped up this time they are a terrible company to deal with .
I can understand you being not very happy but wow that was a pretty strong reaction after 10 years of good service ????

onthelimit 12:02 29 Jul 10

Then, I would suggest, one small problem does not detract from the fantastic service they have given to you and to millions of other customers. They have to be one of the best internet companies that I've dealt with.

cruiser2 13:05 29 Jul 10

Have only recently bought two items from Amazon. But the service has been excellent and will use them again.
Very poor service from another mail order company. Waited 14 days for delivery, then told it was out of stock, yet money taken from CC account when order placed. Have completed a complaint form on their website about their customer service

peterleemaxwell 13:20 29 Jul 10

Let me just clarify. Those who like/use Amazon and are satisfied -fine. I had the book on order that is a reserve red Ist issue of a limited run that now will be in 2nd reprint. I have lost out and will have to add the extra money these 1st issue runs now can demand. I have many other choices of suppliers such as Play.com/WHSmith and for Electronic equipment many more have a better service than Amazon. All those pro-Amazon I hope they do not disappoint you. I will not give them another chance. It is and always should be a 'Buyers Market'.

tullie 13:23 29 Jul 10

An over reaction if ever i saw one.

peterleemaxwell 13:29 29 Jul 10

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I have registered mine. If we all did what other people would do then standards at these firms would drop. Hope nothing goes wrong with any of your purchases! If there is nothing else then I will close this.

OTT_B 13:35 29 Jul 10

As with peterleemawell, I've used Amazon for 10 years. I've ordered a lot of stuff and never had an issue with them. I suspect that even if they did make a mistake on my next order, it wouldn't stop me using them in the future. Their track record to date has been impeccable.

It sounds like Amazon had an order quantity problem, or potentially a supply problem for the book that peterleemaxwell wanted. it happens, and may not be Amazon's fault.

Al94 13:56 29 Jul 10

You are being ridiculous peterleemaxwell.

If I had wanted a book in those circumstances so badly I would have placed an order with more than one vendor, easy to return the ones you don't want.

Amazon could hardly predict their difficulty in advance.

Kevscar1 14:48 29 Jul 10

Wow talk about over-reaction. As stated may not have been Amazons fault. They could have pre-ordered from the publisher and been let down by them. In that case you should register yout protest by not buying the book at all.
Please don't tell me thats unlikely been selling books since 94 and I know it happens, another buyer wiling to pay more and you lose out.

PS I also use play.com and others 90% of the time Amazon are cheaper and quicker to deliver so the only person losing out is you.

HondaMan 14:57 29 Jul 10

Whatever that is.

If it was remotely a collectors item, I wouldn't be buying from Amazon.

I have used them for well over 10 years and have nothing but praise for them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now