Amazon Kindle lending library query.

canarieslover 20:18 PM 09 Nov 12

As part of Amazon Prime they have a section that is Kindle lending library. I thought this might well be worthwhile as a way of getting access to new books at a reasonable rate and as I see it you are only borrowing any book that you download as you have no rights to enable you to give it away once you have read it. At £49 per year it seemed to be a reasonable bargain but having searched it seems that you can only borrow up to one book per month. Amazon Prime Am I correct in this or does anybody know different? If I am right then I won't bother joining as I don't need the upgraded delivery that they offer, which seems to be the biggest benefit.

Forum Editor 23:09 PM 09 Nov 12

You are correct. You can only borrow one book at a time,and a maximum of one book a month. There's no maximum borrowing time - you can keep a book for months if you like, but you can only borrow another one by returning the book you already have.

It's a little bonus for having a Prime membership. I have it, and as you say, the main benefit is free guaranteed next day delivery on all orders that come direct from Amazon.

canarieslover 13:49 PM 10 Nov 12

Thanks FE for confirming that.

I would Green Tick the thread but don't seem able to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…