Amazon Kindle lending library query.

canarieslover 20:18 PM 09 Nov 12

As part of Amazon Prime they have a section that is Kindle lending library. I thought this might well be worthwhile as a way of getting access to new books at a reasonable rate and as I see it you are only borrowing any book that you download as you have no rights to enable you to give it away once you have read it. At £49 per year it seemed to be a reasonable bargain but having searched it seems that you can only borrow up to one book per month. Amazon Prime Am I correct in this or does anybody know different? If I am right then I won't bother joining as I don't need the upgraded delivery that they offer, which seems to be the biggest benefit.

Forum Editor 23:09 PM 09 Nov 12

You are correct. You can only borrow one book at a time,and a maximum of one book a month. There's no maximum borrowing time - you can keep a book for months if you like, but you can only borrow another one by returning the book you already have.

It's a little bonus for having a Prime membership. I have it, and as you say, the main benefit is free guaranteed next day delivery on all orders that come direct from Amazon.

canarieslover 13:49 PM 10 Nov 12

Thanks FE for confirming that.

I would Green Tick the thread but don't seem able to.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites