AMAZON GONE?

Lomond 13:08 19 Mar 03

Help!
I was checking progress on an order I had placed with Amazon.co.uk today and when I tried to access the website, I got the message below!

We'll be right back!
We're sorry, but our store is closed temporarily. We expect to be back soon.
If you would like to be notified when we reopen, please leave your
e-mail address below and we will be happy to let you know.

Keep shopping...
Feel free to visit our partner site Amazon.com, which remains open.
Again, we apologise for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Your friends at Amazon.co.uk

There was no contact phone number to query what the position was regarding the order I had placed.
Can anyone advise?

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 13:12 19 Mar 03

Maybe they have no staff.

I heard that they sacked a load of their staff as they turned out to be Illegal immigrants or Asylum Seekers who had been working without correct paperwork work for something like up to 2 years!!??

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 13:13 19 Mar 03

Maybe they have no staff.

I heard that they sacked a load of their staff as they turned out to be Illegal immigrants or Asylum Seekers who had been working without correct paperwork work for something like up to 2 years!!??

Or maybe they are having problems with their server?

Sir Radfordin™ 13:17 19 Mar 03

click here for what its likely to be the real reason.

octopush 13:18 19 Mar 03

I think it may be due to the ad for an iPac for £7.50. If you can access the site, buy one :-)

leo49 13:48 19 Mar 03

They're back there now

Lomond 14:04 19 Mar 03

Thanks for all your responses- I'm impressed and will use this again. The site is up and running again and I can see noe that my order is "awaiting despatch" It appears that the site was taken off line due to the " bargain" ads.
Cheers.

AngeTheHippy 14:18 19 Mar 03

they prob. went off for 1/2 an hour to watch the execution of the poor sod who input the information incorrectly on their site ; )

AngeTheHippy

Stuartli 19:47 19 Mar 03

Full systems for as little as £7.32 apparently....:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…