Amazon error

Dalglish2 22:23 05 Dec 05

I ordered a Zen Micro 6Gb MP3 player from Amazon which is fab but 2 days after, Amazon sent me another which I thought generous.
I knew this to be a mistake and then promptly received an email saying they had shipped two by mistake on separate days.
I mailed the second MP3 player back to their freepost address given in the email from Amazon.
However, I am still getting emails from them saying when am I returning the MP3 sent in error.
That was nearly four weeks ago.
Where do I stand?
I have returned the goods sent in error but they dont have a record of it arriving.
Many thanks

Diodorus Siculus 22:26 05 Dec 05

Do you have a record of sending it?

Dalglish2 22:31 05 Dec 05

No - I simply boxed it up and as it was free psot and their error in the first place, wasnt going to pay for special delivery.
No paperwork either.
Has anyone heard of similar with Amazon?

spuds 23:11 05 Dec 05

The Post Office will supply a Certificate of Posting for free. That would have been proof that an item was returned to Amazon.With that, the Royal Mail will consider compensation if the article is lost.

I think that someone mentioned in the forum once, that Amazon have four mail vans returning goods every day, so it would be very easy to lose one unrecorded item.

Dalglish2 07:26 06 Dec 05

thanks spuds Diodorus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…