Amazon and e-book ripoff

singlecell 11:12 23 Apr 05

I purchased several e-books from Amazon and all but one failed to open on the computer to which they were downloaded, just directing me to the adobe DRM page. I contacted Amazon who basically accused me of ripping the thing off and quoted DRM and distance selling directive. I duly pointed out that I was not ripping it off, had paid for and downloaded but couldn't open. They couldn't even be bothered to answer any further emails and so I emailed them saying the goods were not fit for the purpose intended and gave them a deadline. Heard nothing back so emailed their european director who couldn't even be bothered to reply. The value wasn't great, less than a tenner, but they have really annoyed me with their attitude, especially as I was a regular customer with them, and I will not deal with them any more.

What are my rights here and how can I prove that it is them or DRM of the pdf in error and not me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch