Amazon and e-book ripoff

singlecell 11:12 23 Apr 05

I purchased several e-books from Amazon and all but one failed to open on the computer to which they were downloaded, just directing me to the adobe DRM page. I contacted Amazon who basically accused me of ripping the thing off and quoted DRM and distance selling directive. I duly pointed out that I was not ripping it off, had paid for and downloaded but couldn't open. They couldn't even be bothered to answer any further emails and so I emailed them saying the goods were not fit for the purpose intended and gave them a deadline. Heard nothing back so emailed their european director who couldn't even be bothered to reply. The value wasn't great, less than a tenner, but they have really annoyed me with their attitude, especially as I was a regular customer with them, and I will not deal with them any more.

What are my rights here and how can I prove that it is them or DRM of the pdf in error and not me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…