Amazon - dvdlegacyuk trouble

RobCharles1981 21:38 10 Apr 09

Hi Folks I wonder if you can help me with a problem.

I ordered some items from dvdlegacyuk who are a seller on Amazon this was done on the 7th March apparently the items took 3 weeks to come from USA and I received them around 24th March.

I decided that Id changed my mind and contacted the seller for a RMA for a refund. This was falling on Deaf Ears and I politely explained that I wanted a Refund on my items.

Since then I have not heard from this seller at all, I thought this was perthectic support from this seller, days went buy not heard a thing.

I contacted Amazon who say I should "File A Claim".

Can anyone offer me any advice on this please?

Thanks alot

Rob

interzone55 22:44 10 Apr 09

You have no legal right in the UK to return items just because you don't want them anymore.

They arrived within the given leadtime, so you can't claim they were late.

There are different rules for refunds from Marketplace sellers, and different rules for purchases from overseas.

Whichever rules apply, I feel you will lose out under this clause from the Amazon help pages:

"We regret that we also cannot accept cancellations of contracts for the purchase of video, DVD, audio, video games, Sex and Sensuality products and software products where the item has been unsealed."

click here

oresome 23:03 10 Apr 09

You don't say what the items were.

The distance selling regulations allow you seven days to change your mind after receipt of goods. But there are exceptions.

In the case of anything that can be copied, DVDs software etc, the item has to remain sealed for the right to cancel to remain valid.

RobCharles1981 23:12 10 Apr 09

The Items where Antec Big Boy 200 Fans they are still in the box un-opened for the last 2 months.

GaT7 16:57 11 Apr 09

Why didn't you file a claim please?

Even if you were to get a full refund, the trouble with returning them is that you'll need to pay the postage to return, excluding extra for any insurance/signed-for service.

Can you not just sell them on & recover some, if not all, you originally paid for them? These fans are quite dear in the UK by the looks of it. So you could sell them for less & still be able to recover most/all of your money. G

Kevscar1 19:46 11 Apr 09

oresome
DSR.s do not cover USA only UK

Kemistri 20:07 11 Apr 09

I think you are very likely to find that Amazon would be legally considered to be the retailer with which you dealt when you made your Marketplace transaction and is thus responsible per the Distance Selling Regulations. The location of the supplier, which is what the Marketplace "seller" should be considered to be, is irrelevant in that definition. I am basing that on past experience, the regulations as they were interpreted, and the outcome of it. But these things can be open to some degree of interpretation and I am not a lawyer, so you need to research this for yourself.

If you lodged a refund request within the all-important 7 working days of the day after delivery and you can be advised officially that Amazon is responsible, then you should have a case. It would have been helpful if you had pursued the issue sooner than 2 months after purchase, but I don't see that as a big problem.

spuds 22:55 11 Apr 09

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 click here

RobCharles1981 18:52 15 Apr 09

The situation is now

That Amazon has filed a claim to be looked by the 25th April.

And apparently they got in touch with the seller who gave me the returns address and I went into the post office today, 1st Class was about £20 and the other was £11.60 if my memory serves me correctly.

Any thoughts??

oresome 18:57 15 Apr 09

If you reject the goods for no other reason than you've changed your mind, you'll invariably have to pay the return postage.

GaT7 20:25 19 Apr 09

As I'd suggested before, just sell them on & regain as much as possible of the original cost. There are various places to do so like, Amazon marketplace itself, eBay & enthusiast UK computer forums that have a 'Classifieds' section (e.g. AV Forums click here). All the best with it :-), G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…