Amazon does it again & Play doesn't.

belfman 13:15 11 Mar 08

Last week:

I ordered cds off play .com on Sunday night, they despatched 2 days later and I received them on the Saturday in separate packages. Nearly a week of waiting!

This week:

Ordered 2 cds off Amazon uk early yesterday morning and recieved both this morning in one package. I paid £1.49 for postage.

So come on Play give us the option to use alternatives to your free very slow postage and speed up your despatch times too!

merciarich 14:43 11 Mar 08

Bear in mind Play ship from Jersey and obviously have to go through the usual custom checks

To order on a Sunday, a non-working day, and to be dispatched on the Tuesday is pretty good. This gave them 1 working day to pick the items and the Tuesday to send them off.

Maybe you should pay for the premium delivery service and stop moaning ??!!

belfman 15:19 11 Mar 08

Do play offer a premium delivery service? Which I would use if it there was one.

"To order on a Sunday, a non-working day, and to be dispatched on the Tuesday is pretty good. This gave them 1 working day to pick the items and the Tuesday to send them off."

Actually they (play) had 2 full working days.

Amazon managed to despatch and have Royal Mail deliver a standard order before Play had managed to even pick theirs!

Slim Shady 15:43 11 Mar 08

If you don't like how they do things, don't order from them. It's pretty simple.

For the record, it's Play for me - every time.

PRONMEISTER 16:02 11 Mar 08

I only use Amazon.

merciarich 16:02 11 Mar 08

I would agree with Slim Shady. If you dont like it, take your custom elsewhere.

I have ordered hundreds of pounds worth of DVDs and CDs from Play and would continue to do so.

The postman usually pops them through the door, if it is a large parcel he leaves it with my neighbour - so its not as if you have to take a day off work and wait in!

Be a little reasonable here. You got the item within a week. I have ordered things from Amazon before, only for them to take anything up to 8 days to deliver.

If you want the item quicker, may I suggest you go and visit your local store and buy it in person.

Ranger 17:19 11 Mar 08

I think play have become a victim of their own success, they used to be very quick but the last while delivery has been slow but you do usually get it within 7 days which is not to bad IMO

Audacious 20:39 11 Mar 08

You can't beat play.com for price, I've seen DVD's on amazon where there offer is save a £1 the same disc on play is £7 cheaper!! I agree if I wanted an item fast I'd order it with amazon because there delivery is usually spot on, however when it comes to price the majority of the time play is the way to go.

merciarich 11:36 12 Mar 08

..... just noticed this story:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…