Amazon do it again

ened 13:21 24 Jul 09

I have only ever received excellent service from Amazon but have wondered what would happen if something more serious went wrong.

I bought a television last November. It developed ripples across the top of the screen. They were relatively minor and quite faint and I could have lived with them without it spoiling my enjoyment.

However I was concerned they might increase in size and telephoned Amazon for advice.

The chap immediately offered me a replacement or refund. I wanted a replacement.

This was on Wednesday and the replacement arrived this morning.

That is a top rate service which went beyond my expectations and I felt they deserved a mention here.

birdface 14:51 24 Jul 09

Well you just can't beat excellent service like that.
I have just ordered Windows 7 off of them but I don't get it till October.But might just take a little look around and see what else they have in stock.
I have never ordered anything off them before I usually use e-buyer.
I will be needing a new monitor in the next month or so.So will have a look and see what they have on offer.
Thanks for the feedback on Amazon.

interzone55 16:01 24 Jul 09

I've not bought anything big of amazon like a TV or white goods, but I've never had anything but excellent service.

I once ordered a book at 9pm and it turned up next day.

I generally use the free delivery option now, as I rarely need anything next day, so the extra day or two isn't a problem.

Sometimes even the free delivery arrives next day.

I've only had a couple of problems, once I ordered the wrong book and another time a CD arrived with a cracked case. Both times I was given a link to print a Freepost label to return the goods, in the case of the CD I got the replacement disc before I'd managed to get the damaged one to the post office...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos