Amazon delivery now seems to be very late

erkmatrix 10:54 17 Dec 04

I purchased some items for people for christmas on the 27 of November, thought this was enough time, all items sent out 2 weeks at the latest so we have my sister coming today for the kids presents and still no delivery, she lives miles away so now looks like they won't get the presents for christmas, teaches me a lesson, thought I'd save money buying from Amazon , but now would of been better getting them from tesco's and a bookshop locally.

They clearly don't have these products in stock so shouldn't sell them.

bvw in bristol 11:31 17 Dec 04

My order with them in November took just over 2 weeks to arrive. Mine came via the Royal Mail...it's a busy time of the year I guess.

I found Amazon respond to emails the same day, late evenings and weekends.

anniel 11:32 17 Dec 04

waiting for a parcel which is husband's Christmas present.

The delivery was expected either yesterday or today.

Now you have made me uneasy...didn't they give you a daye for delivery?

rickf 11:47 17 Dec 04

It tends to vary I guess. I ordered my item and it arrived w/in 5 days on suoer saver as well.

rickf 11:48 17 Dec 04

sorry that should read "supersaver"

erkmatrix 12:53 17 Dec 04

They did say there was a delay with a CD and apologised, then said it would be 16th December , I thought well OK should be here for today but no still not here today, so maybe its Royal Mail to blame I got a email saying it had been dispatched on the 13th, Its just madening, next year I will have to buy early November I guess or October. Just gone also to have a look at the CD that did say dispatched 1 to 2 weeks it now says with 24 hours, and the price has gone from £9.99 to £7.79 which is typical lol. I don't know I used to like shopping with them.

wjrt 13:12 17 Dec 04

was e-mailed that items had been dispatched 13th. December, one arrived yesterday via Royal Mail postman and one today via Parcelforce so give benefit of doubt and say they and Royal Mail both busy

anniel 13:41 17 Dec 04

I cannot see how to contact the delivery people. I got an email from Amazon telling me Securicor Omega Express would deliver my goods, but no method of contacting them was given.

So another day wasted.

Newuser2 19:15 17 Dec 04

Call customer services on 0800 391 5866.
You can at least talk to someone and maybe get an answer.
My last order was despatched next day but the courier kept it for three days before delivering it.
So its not always the sellers fault.

ricardo espana 19:36 17 Dec 04

Cannot understand anyone having problems with Amazon. We live in Spain in the countryside miles from anywhere, where our post office is 30 kilometres away and since moving here from the U.K. last year, have been using Amazon regularly and always receive goods within 5 - 8 working days. When we used Amazon in the U.K. we always had our goods within the allotted time period, usually 3 - 4 working days. My wife and I have found Amazon to be excellent service. We cannot find fault with Amazon at all.

anniel 20:21 17 Dec 04

Wherever did you get that phone number. They did not give it on their email confirmation of the order.

I will ring them tomorrow am.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…