Amazon best shop ever ?

nutjob 00:40 17 Oct 09

Is Amazon best shop ever, and greatest invention online?

Seriously is only place i buy from now, i buy nearly everything from them. CD's, DVD's, TV, Laptop etc.... just about everything i buy from them.

Usually cheaper by alot, free delivery and always comes on time.

Next day delivery is absolute amazing, and so cheap.

I honestly can't fault them, im about to send back a product i bought, first time ever, so if goes well and get refund like the nice e-mail i got promises. Then another tick in the box.

They deserve all the profit they make for such a great online shop.

knockin on 01:55 17 Oct 09

Always found Amazon to be on the ball, efficient and competetive.
Let's hope the postal services do not let them down.
I have received a couple of Amazon items from City Link this week.I understand they are dumping Royal mail for some items.

ened 06:29 17 Oct 09

It is always good to give praise in a Forum where (by it's nature) most come to complain.

Regarding the Royal Mail situation: I think just the threat of industrial action was enough to cause forward thinking companies like Amazon to look elsewhere and if they strike the right deal it will be a massive long-term loss to Royal Mail.

RIP Royal Mail!

tullie 07:01 17 Oct 09

Over the top,but they are fine.

morddwyd 07:44 17 Oct 09

I had to return an item to Amazon for the first time earlier this month (nothing wrong with it, just not what I expected).

Even easier than ordering. Go on-line, print your own pre-paid return label and returns authorisation.

An e-mailed acknowledgement and notification of how long the authorisation is valid for and down to the Post Office.

A few days later and an e-mail confirmation of receipt and refund.

Internet trading as it should be.

ened 07:49 17 Oct 09

I didn't even have to do that with my (nine month old) television.

One telephone call on the Wednesday, initially to enquire about the procedure, first thing Friday morning replacement delivered!

BT 08:44 17 Oct 09

I also buy lots of stuff from Amazon, but also use Play.com. and other companies. I just got a Sony DVD/HDD Freeview box from a Play.com reseller for £130 less than RRP. You've got to shop around for what you want. It took quite a while to find what I wanted at the price I was prepared to pay. I could have got it at several places for around £200 - £250 but eventually got it for £144.99, post free, and delivered in 36 hours.
click here

anchor 08:44 17 Oct 09

One more endorsement for Amazon. They are an example of what on-line shopping should be.

Stuartli 15:44 17 Oct 09

I have nothing but praise for companies like Amazon and Crucial - the blueprint for the internet retailing world.

Kevscar1 15:48 17 Oct 09

Amazon are brilliant it,s the sellers they allow on the the lack of making sure they operate legally I don't like. Will buy from them but never from their sellers again.

amonra 17:34 17 Oct 09

I use Amazon UK and US and both are first class. As morddwyd said earlier, E Retailing as it should be, the Toyota of the web.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced