amazon

iqs 18:12 29 Dec 06

Hi,I will be setting up an account with Amazon shortly.Any tips,advice, bad experiences before I do.
Cheers,IQS

mike1967 18:15 29 Dec 06

Probably one of the best online stores

Depending on what you are after consider play.com as well as they have free delivery on everything

Diodorus Siculus 18:25 29 Dec 06

Take a look at click here too for good options; Amazon are good but not always the cheapest.

GaT7 19:56 29 Dec 06

I've only good things to say about Amazon - first class service & return procedures : )

If you buy anything from their Marketplace sellers - make sure to contact them (the respective seller) prior to buying as they sometimes sell goods that are 'different' from what Amazon itself sells/has sold from the same link, & omit it in their description.

As Amazon have free delivery on most items £15 & above this filler finder click here may come in handy (explained in detail at click here). You probably already know that Marketplace items don't come with this £15 & above free delivery. G

iqs 21:45 29 Dec 06

Hello mike1967,Diodorus Siculus and Crossbow7.
Thank you all for your help.

I'm not keen on buying online,but its the way forward if your after a bargain.

The main reason for this hesitation to embrace the future is down to my concerns regarding supplying companies with my card details.

I have read the Amazon faqs,I'm 99% confident with there security policies.But the 1% is still holding me back.Am I paranoid?.Any tips on paying via card is appreciated.Sorry to ask.

Regards,Mike

Diodorus Siculus 22:03 29 Dec 06

I've 100% confidence in Amazon - I've been buying from them for 10 years with never a problem.

wjrt 22:13 29 Dec 06

try contacting your credit card company and ask if they will issue a separate card with a specified limit solely for internet use which will be separate from your main card

wjrt 22:17 29 Dec 06
  jakimo 13:37 30 Dec 06

In the Amazon accounts section you have the option of your card details being withheld or not

mike1967 13:52 30 Dec 06

I've been buying online for years now never had a problem with my info getting into the wrong hands(I think)

Just use known companies, and use some common sense and you should be fine

tammer 14:01 30 Dec 06

They have a strange pricing system and it pays to keep a regular watch over items you're interested in as they sometimes lower prices to crazy levels for a short period.

I bought a digital camera and a wireless router from them and they were later listed at higher prices for several months after I snapped them up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…