Amazon ...

Kate B 12:31 29 Dec 04

Is anyone else still waiting for stuff ordered from Amazon? A friend ordered a couple of things for my birthday (back at the beginning of December) off my wishlist. They never appeared, so he asked for them to be resent ... and I STILL haven't got them.

Forum Editor 12:35 29 Dec 04

Everything I ordered arrived before Christmas - albeit a day later than promised - and books and CDs that were ordered by my children all arrived too. I drove right past the Amazon complex yesterday (on the way home from a rather nice lunch in Woburn) and I could see the steam rising from the roof - my guess is that they had a record turnover this year.

None of which is of the slightest comfort to you Kate - I can imagine how irritated you must be.

byfordr 13:54 29 Dec 04

Got most of the stuff I ordered off them, except one thing. Did get a £5 voucher...not bad as the book I was buying was only £6 :-)

R

david.h 14:44 29 Dec 04

ordered late for xmas, had a touch of the seconds after reading threads here. But everything arrived within a couple of days ahead of their web forcast of delivery and in time for xmas.

[ i used the english site not the tax free jersey site]

Kate B 16:24 29 Dec 04

looks like it's just me they don't like ... grrr ...

Curio 18:46 29 Dec 04

Must admit I ordered early for Christmas and every order turned up as forecast. This applies to all my On-line purchases, not just Amazon. Saved a few bob as well. Hope your kit is just 'in the post' and not gone walkabout. Happy New Year.

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:41 29 Dec 04

I ordered 2 Gameboy SPs from Amazon, and ended up cancelling them because the shipping date kept slipping.
I used to be a big fan of Amazon and although their prices are good, the delivery performance I have experienced has become poor. (and not just this Christmas)

rickf 13:59 30 Dec 04

Just to strike a more balanced note, i ordered my printer from them om 27th and it arrived first thing this morning, the 30th. I would contact them again and enquire about your order.

Forum Editor 15:04 30 Dec 04

the fact that Amazon had the busiest Christmas in their ten-year history. At the peak of the pre-Christmas ordering period the company was logging 32 orders every second. Amazon attributes much of the increased trade to rampant demand for Apple computers and iPods. Worldwide sales during November and December totalled £8 billion - that's an awful lot of merchandise.

Stuartli 15:20 30 Dec 04

My experience of Amazon over a number of years has always been one of complete satisfaction.

It's a shame to see national newspapers belittling online suppliers for having failed, in a very few cases overall, for failing to supply goods ordered for Christmas - often at the last minute.

Companies work on an average week or month's trade to ascertain staffing and ordering requirements and to get it absolutely right for a period like Christmas must be a nightmare.

There's also the logistics of actually getting the orders delivered by post or couriers, who will be equally stretched to the limit for most of December.

Zaphod 3 18:24 30 Dec 04

No problems here a book for Christmas had 30 pages missing and another 30 duplicated. Did the resend on Boxing Day replacement book arrived this morning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…