Am looking at this PC, opinions wanted

Southy83 20:02 23 Jun 07

Hi,

I am looking at buying this PC but wondered what people thought or if there were better deals out there.

My budget is £500 so this fits nicely, my only concern is where have they taken shortcuts and also, I have heard some bad things about PC Nextday.

click here

Thanks

James

Starfox 22:29 23 Jun 07

Seems pretty good for that price range, what will you be using it for?

BioBob 22:48 23 Jun 07

Hi James

I have heard the odd grumble anbout PC Nextday, but had no personal experience.

Looking at that PC: the monitor is from GNR and at under £100, its clearly budget end. Saying that, i havent heard of problems with them. The RAM they are using is the slowest DDR2 you can buy, which is odd because better 667 isnt much more, but they are probably trying to keep under the magic £500 figure for psychological reasons!

The Processor isnt that good. Personally I would go for AMD until you are able to afford the Intel Core 2 Duo range. No mention of the power supply or heatsink, so one has to assume basic quality, so its likely to be noisy and reliability more likely to be an issue.

Try some comparative quotes. I can only speak for NSYS since thats who I have used a few times(click here); e-mail them the Next day quote and see what they suggest - if you ask for advice you will end up with options not available on their website - weird but true!

Other Forum members have had good experiences with other companys. Have a look around, cant do any harm.

Totally-braindead 00:01 24 Jun 07

The only thing I can say its its very good value at that price, I don't recognise the processor but at the sub £500 mark you aren't going to get all the bells and whistles.
Haven't used the company myself so cannot comment. Personally I use Novatech for most of my PC purchases but I'm fairly sure they couldn't beat that price.
Also buy this months PCA magazine and see whats on offer there in the sub £500 category.

Starfox 00:14 24 Jun 07

As said that's a decent pc for the money, as an alternative have a look here click here and click here

Interesting reading about them at click here.

Starfox 00:17 24 Jun 07

That last link should be click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now