Am considering buying an LG L1811S TFT monitor...

Smallus Minimus 15:12 06 Sep 03

LG Electronics L1811S 18ins TFT Flatron Silver

Smallus Minimus 15:15 06 Sep 03

The world of TFTs is completely new to me, so I just wondered if anyone had any comments about this one. I rarely play games, just stare at a monitor all day!

Barrie_G 18:17 06 Sep 03

I've just started using a LG1710B and the picture quality is very good, its easy to set up with all cables (DVI and Dsub both provided)nice and bright and easy on the eye.

I do use mine for games etc, and can't fault it.

what more can I say.

ams4127 22:13 06 Sep 03

I'm using the LG 1810B and find it excellent.

pcmuncher 21:59 07 Sep 03

Get one of these SHARP TFTs click here
I already posted about this being available in black and white, but the luminosity is higher. And it is heavy.
click here

About £300 and plays DVD better than my friend LG clone.
LG manufature for loadsa other cheaper makes and rebadge stuff.
The built in speakers are better than most I've seen.
Hope you make the right choice.

Ironman556 23:31 07 Sep 03

Got an LG1710B, great for everything.

Smallus Minimus 10:39 08 Sep 03

So only good reports from LG TFT users - good to know, though no news of anyone with the model I have in mind. I imagine the quality doesn't differ too much from model to model?
Interesting report from pcmuncher - guess I'll have to continue my investigations...
Thanks everyone.

anchor 19:45 09 Sep 03

The LG Electronics L1811S sounds very similar indeed to the L1800PK reviewed in the current edition of PC Pro. The only difference appears to be that the latter has a screen that pivots.

PC Pro`s comments were: "In terms of image quality, there was only one poor result in our tests. The colour spectrum had the common problem of the primary colours overpowering the secondary ones. Otherwise, all the colour and greyscale tests were performed perfectly. Especially impressive were the colour ramps, where almost no banding was evident and the full range was easily covered. The sharpness and resolution tests were all easily passed, thanks in part to the DVI interface and supplied cable".

--(in conclusion)- "the LG might be more expensive than some, but if you want superb quality it's worth the investment".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…