Alternatives to quietpc.com

Bailey08787 15:19 29 Sep 04

Hi

My endless (futile) quest to quiet down my helicopter of a pc goes on, but I was wondering if people could suggest alternatives to quietpc.com

I find their products extremely over-priced, perhaps as they seem to have the monopoly on this part of the market.

thanks

hugh-265156 16:53 29 Sep 04

i tried this for a bit of fun and was really surprised by the difference it made so dont laugh :-) but cheapo rubber car mats work wonders when you line the insides of your case with them. i purchased five at 0.99p each and this covered the two side panels and all the spare drive bays top and bottom etc inside my case.

i also cut away the metal covering my case inlet and exhaust fan mounts. i have seven fans in total inside my case (2x 8mm case front and back + a cpu, graphics card and power supply fans) and can hardly hear them now at all, well worth a fiver and an afternoons work in my opinion.

the downside is the rubber adds a lot of weight to the case this help cut down vibration but its maybe not a good idea if you move it around a lot. i thought my case and cpu temps would go sky high but they remain in high twenties for the case and 35- 50 for cpu. here is some links if you dont mind rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in click here click here

Belatucadrus 17:24 29 Sep 04

click here for soundproofing material, A good CPU cooler fan is also great for quietening things down, I've recently fitted an arctic cooling super silent 4 pro to mine and the noise reduction is dramatic. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced