Alternative Hp ink cartridges please

BeeWee 10:51 28 Nov 03

i have just bought an hp psc 1205 and am going to begrudge paying tip top prices for inks. please could anyone direct me to a site which sells compatibles for the above. i have tried a google search to no avail...thanks in advance
beth

pj123 13:08 28 Nov 03

You could try click here or click here you would need to know the original cartridge numbers - not the printer - to get the best deals.

Stuartli 13:27 28 Nov 03

I've come across several HP printers recently that were causing problems with missing colour(s).

It turned out, in every case, despite the fact that genuine HP cartridges were being used, that the cartridge was faulty.

Once replaced the printer worked as it should again.

So compatible cartridges may provide even more problems.....

pj123 13:35 28 Nov 03

Stuartli, sorry not with you on that. I have recommended Choice Stationery to many users and not one of them has complained yet.

shifty 14:22 28 Nov 03

I run an HP 5550 and an HP 1220C and I always get my re-conditioned compatible cartridges from click here I never purchase the originals as the re-con's are just as good. I use a lot of ink doing photographs so need to re-fill the cartridges. I paid approx £17 for a colour cartridge which has been filled for the fourth and possibly last time, equivalent to approx £6.00 per cartridge after paying for the ink.

BeeWee 19:00 28 Nov 03

thank you all for your help...btw, the cartridges are hp 56 and 57

Saltyseadog 22:31 28 Nov 03

I have used both choice stationery and lately a local franchise of 'Cartridge World' and both have proved to be excellent value. I tend to use Cartridge World now because the shop is only a couple of miles away from me and I believe their prices are competative.

shifty 16:27 29 Nov 03

I have just orderd a set of re-furbished cartridges from 7day shop, no56 are in stock and no57 are waiting for new stock.

Stuartli 09:16 01 Dec 03

I didn't say compatibles "would" cause problems, only "may"...:-)

I use compatible JR and Jettech cartridges, as well as refill inks at times, for my seven-year-old Canon BJC600e prinbter and it's still as quiet and as efficient as it was the day I bought it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac