Alpha Five! remember???

pj123 17:26 20 Feb 03

I don't believe it. I have just had an email from Alpha Five advising me I am one of the lucky 250 for a free registration and an unlock code included.

click here

Taran 18:04 20 Feb 03

Want to sell it ?

:o)

Newuser38 18:40 20 Feb 03

pj123

So did I! Wonder if the others in my original thread were every fifth ones as well? Had given up hope.

Sorry Taran not yet. I have to Speedos it first.

pj123 21:45 20 Feb 03

email me.

Pete

RickyC :-) 15:20 21 Feb 03

I'm delighted to hear that some of you have been fortunate enough to win a free copy of the latest version of Alpha Five.

However, I sincerely hope that you're not intending to distribute copies of the software among yourselves, or pass the registration code to friends or other registered users.

Not only would that be illegal, but it would also hinder PC Advisor's efforts to provide readers with quality exclusive software on our cover discs.

I trust we won't be seeing any further postings on this subject.

Richard Clooke
CD Editor

pj123 15:34 21 Feb 03

I hear what you are saying and I can assure you that I have no intention of doing what you have suggested.

I already have MS Access and I find Alpha Five is no easier to use. I will not be using Alpha Five anyway and it is uninstalled from my PC. You are welcome to come and have a look if you want.

Pete

Djohn 16:12 21 Feb 03

CD Editor, Good to read your comments above.

If you read the forum users comments, you will find that on the whole, they are very much against any duplication of copyright programs.

The magazine forum editors will also jump straight on to any thread that seems to be dubious, and remove it from the forum.

Taran and pj123 are both long standing and well respected users of the forum, and I'm sure would not even think of supplying a copy of your program to anyone.

The post as I'm sure you realize, was a request to buy in full from one user to another. Regards. J.

Andÿ 16:44 21 Feb 03

Taran a sofware pirate :o))))))))))))))) LOL

Don't worry CD Editor as has already been said I think all is OK and you have nothing to worry about :o)

jazzypop 17:19 21 Feb 03

Taran the Kazaa King?

I don't think so :)

Newuser38 18:27 21 Feb 03

As a holder of the Forum LSM I am also wholly against copying. But I suppose if the CD editor is not used to OAP sense of humour the threads could have been read the wrong way - sorry. I will try Alpha 5 out but am very used to Paradox (shows my age) Access, Approach and Filemaker Pro so we shall have to see.

Taran 18:30 21 Feb 03

My deepest, sincere and unreserved apologies to all and sundry - magazine staff, PCA site staff and its visitors/members.

I thought the smiley at the end of my "Want to sell it ?" comment would give away my tongue in cheek intentions.

Naturally I have no intentions of following that comment up seriously and I would hope that nobody would distribute their codes or part with the software for profit.

This just goes to show the lack of emotion presented by the typed, as opposed to the spoken word and how it can easily be misconstrued.

No further comments along those lines will ever come from me again in case of similar misunderstandings.

Best regards all and once more, my apologies for any and all misapprehensions.

Taran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…