Allofmp3.com

jpgreen44 23:39 02 Jul 07

I've been unable to load the allofmp3.com website since last Thursday. Is anyone aware of any problems with the site. I've tried pinging it but got a timeout.

Regards

smokingbeagle 23:45 02 Jul 07

click here

Appears to have been down since 1/7/07.

jpgreen44 23:52 02 Jul 07

That is a useful site, must remember the URL.

Cheers

smokingbeagle 00:07 03 Jul 07

click here

so AllofMP3 is probably having server problems.

Smiler 14:07 03 Jul 07

Perhaps it's finally closed down :-(

sunny staines 15:18 03 Jul 07

russia closed it down pressure from WTO

click here

Totally-braindead 15:20 03 Jul 07

I first heard about AllofMP3 in this Forum, I think it was an article in the Times or the Guardian that someone commented on, I've always had my doubt as to whether it is a legal site as the prices are so low you wonder if those with the copyright for the music actually get their royalties. I believe the record industry were trying to shut them down but had some problems as the server was based in Russia I think it is.
By being legal by the way, before someone jumps down my throat, I mean that I wonder if they pay the royalties not that it is illegal for you to download music from them. Because I believe it is entirely legal to use them its just I have suspicions they don't pay royalties.

Totally-braindead 15:21 03 Jul 07

Ah, sunny staines provided the answer as I was typing.

Seth Haniel 15:32 03 Jul 07
  jpgreen44 22:24 03 Jul 07

Thanks Seth, Just saw the news myself.
It is identical to allofmp3.com and my allofmp3.com username and password work on it so they were obviously prepared for the shutdown.

From my understanding; Russian copyright only extends to physical media such as tapes, CD's etc and not to digital mp3 files which is why the site claims it is legal under Russian law.

I don't think they do pay royalties but if I could buy albums for the same price off iTunes or CD's were cheaper I'd get my music from them.

Smiler 12:35 06 Jul 07

mp3sparks seems to be down now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now