all-in -one printer.....suggestions please!

moby58 23:00 28 Oct 04

i'm about to buy an all in one printer{.had a lexmark x1150 which doesnt agree with my laptop,two different machines!}would like to spend around £100..not used on a daily basis..have had hp and canon suggested as the makes to go for.any suggestions advice....retailers??pc world/comp world/currys/comet etc?,...need to buy this weekend.thanks in advance.

spuds 10:28 29 Oct 04

Over the past couple of days PC World have been advertising special offers on printers, might be worth a look at some of these offers. Argos are also offering extra incentives with vouchers: £5.00 for £50.00 spent.£10.00 for £100.00 spent.

I use a Lexmark X5150 and an HP 390, both 4in1's and very good printers. But for cost savings on ink I would suggest either HP or Epson.

pj123 14:15 29 Oct 04
  joeltr 14:19 29 Oct 04

i bought an epson CX3200 all in one, its a very good printer, and if you go to choice stationery for your inks, it costs next to nothing to run, and at about £80-00 cant be beat, joel.

pj123 15:28 29 Oct 04

Yes, as joeltr says the Epson CX3200 is also a very good MFD printer. But the CX3600 has separate colour ink cartridges, whereas the CX3200 is an all in one colour cartridge. Again, though Choice Stationery at click here do really good prices on ink cartridges for the CX3600.

Whaty 18:06 29 Oct 04

I can recommend the HP 13** series. I mention this because you say you are using it with a laptop and the 13** series is so small and light it's almost a mobile MFD.. I believe it is a good all round machine, generally quick with good results (photo's too) but.. it can be a little slow when copying and being HP, the running costs can be high, it's about £30 for a black + colour cartridge.

Tenacious Green 20:09 29 Oct 04

Canon MP370 - It's brilliant - OK so I am biased cos I own one, but now available for less than a ton (I paid £125 2 months ago).

It is a good photo printer with quality paper and its general printing speeds are also good.

It has a fantastic scanner on board which is height adjustable and it photocopies in black and colour.

Best of all Cartridges are cheaper than HP, EPSON,LEXMARK. I pay £3 black, £6-8 colour dependant on where I get it (Tescos at moment) and although they are smaller cartridges they last well.

Only my opinion but read the reviews on it aswell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…