All in One, printer/scanner/copier

hazelnut 16:20 03 Feb 03

I am looking to purchase a Lexmark X85 all in one.
The best price I can find is £99.99 + vat + delivery = £123.35 from Micro Warehouse.
Anyone know of any better price ?

spuds 19:12 03 Feb 03

I purchased a Lexmark 3in1 a short while ago, and at that time it was a competition on who was offering the cheapest price.Argos was the lowest price and this was price matched with Office World,Staples and PC World.

Coaster3 20:25 03 Feb 03

The problem with this type of machine is that, if one bit goes wrong you've lost all three. I think a much better bet is to buy a printer and a scanner. With the scanner, you have a copier anyway.

If one should go wrong you still have the other.

blakdog 21:29 03 Feb 03

You also have to remember that if it does three different things it may well get three times the wear and even with a good peice of kit, a shorter lifespan - but a great idea if you are short of desk space!

flick 23:54 03 Feb 03

I bought an hp psc2115 3 in 1 for space reasons but have been impressed by the quality of both scans and printing incl photo prints. This was priced at around £150 in PC world online Xmas sale which ends fairly soon and the psc750 is around £100.

One advantage of the 3 in 1 is that you can use it like a photocopier (colour or b/w) without needing to scan into a computer first - the computer doesn't even need to be switched on.

Coaster3 has a point that if one part goes wrong and needs to go away for repair you are deprived of use of the other, but since neither my previous separate hp printer or scanner have ever suffered a problem in the last 5 years I figured it was worth the risk

spuds 00:03 04 Feb 03

Regarding failure rate.I have another machine which is a 4in1 HP 590 OfficeJet.This is a colour printer,fax,colour copier,scanner and it as been chugging away without any problems for nearly 4-5 years now.Only cost so far are the compatible cartridges that it uses.I purchased the Lemark as a standby replacement, when my 590 goe's into retirement,and I hope the Lemark will be as reliable.

denali 00:12 04 Feb 03

I bought a Samsung SFC 4100 at a boot sale 4years ago. The only problem I have had (and still do)is the fact it uses lexmark ink cartridges and we all know, the can be quite expensive. Sorrry I got the printer and fax drivers with it but had to download the scanner drivers

Kyomii 09:23 04 Feb 03

Lexmark cartridges aren't that expensive if you look at the correct place, also, the ink levels in them are higher than say, epson, so they tend to last three to four times longer.

So, in reality, they are not really expensive at all, as I have to constantly change epson cartidges but the Lexmark ones have been in now for six months and are only a quarter used.

hazelnut 09:33 04 Feb 03

The reason I want an all in one is very limited space ! I acquired a Canon smartbase a few weeks ago, but found this to be far too large, so I am now considering the Lexmark.
As yet no one has replied to my original question, which was, are there any better deals around ?

powerless 09:48 04 Feb 03

I've had a look around but no better price.

Coaster3 11:40 04 Feb 03

Most modern scanners will send a scan directly to the printer without going through other software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…